10 Essential Grooming Habits for Everyone
- Get a facial at least every 2-3 months. It must be kept clean just like your clothes. You wear it every single minute of every single day of your life. Your esthetician will notice things that you don’t like weird facial hair, black heads, dry skin and pimples.
- Wax or trim nose, ear hair and any other weird hair – wax it and keep it trimmed in between visits to your esthetician. The more you wax the finer and sparser the hair will grow back.
- Have nice hands and feet - rough heels, talon like nails, dry cuticles, yellowy fungus and stinky feet are a major turnoff. See your manicurist once a month, use Aveda Hand Reliefand Foot Relief to keep you hands and feet exfoliated and moisturized.
- Keep any body hair trimmed, shaped and waxed if necessary but don’t overdo it. A goodmanscaping, Brazilian or waxing can transform the way your body looks. Don’t forget your back and private bits most people don’t like a big bush or a shaggy back. The prepubescent look is creepy, don’t overdo it.
- Smile! Showcase nice teeth and breath. Crest white strips, flossing and a good toothbrush with regular dentist visits will make you want to smile. Always have a good sugarless mint on hand.
- Smell good but not too good. Spray your scent into the air and walk through it. If your scent lingers after you leave the room it’s offensive, smell like yourself with just a hint of fragrance.
- Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize. Ashy, dull skin and chaffed knees and elbows are not sexy. Skin glows when when it’s well hydrated and moisturized.
- Sport a healthy tan, not a neon orange glow. Stay within a few shades of your natural color, natural being the key word. Avoid the booths, put on some SPF 30 and get outside for some exercise, use a good self tanner or see a professional for a sculpting airbrush spray tan.
- Get a great haircut and trust your stylist’s opinion. You wear your hair on top of your head every day and it should be your crowning glory. Spend the money on a good cut, color, products or whatever your stylist recommends. People will easily throw down $100 for a shirt they wear just once. Your hair is everyday all the time, invest in it.
- Take care of your insides, a good diet, rest, exercise and happiness will always show on the outside
Leave a Reply